About the Recipe
As frosty winter months embrace us in cooler temperature, the desire for our comfort indulgences is strong one! Here is a delectable recipe that caters to the sweet tooth but still has a little health kick.
100g rolled oats, ground into a flour
1 scoop Life Health Vegan Protein Powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of sea salt
60g coconut sugar, blitzed to be like caster sugar
1/2 cup oat milk
100g natural peanut butter
1 flax egg (6g flax + 80ml water) OR 1 chia egg
50g 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients.
3. Add half of the oat milk + the peanut butter + flax/ chia egg and beat to combine. Add the rest of the oat milk and beat.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips then allow to rest for 15 minutes.
5. Using slightly wet hands, roughly roll balls of mixture of around 30g each and place onto a lined baking tray. Repeat until dough is finished.
6. Lightly flatten then pop into the oven for 5 mins then remove and press down lightly with a fork. You can omit this step if you enjoy a higher cookie.
7. Pop back into the oven for a further 20 mins or until cookies are crispy around the edges.